Sunday, January 2, 2011

What to do....

With the holiday's over I am finding myself with time on my hands and not liking it. I like to be busy and have projects going. I am going to make something with a cable stitch. Not really sure what I will make just yet. I found a scarf pattern that I liked the looks of but I have misplaced it. I'm sure that it is in the house some place, just need to find it and go through the yarn stash and see what I have the most of before I start it.

I made a scarf for my secret sister at church and she loved it. She had it on today which gave me a little smile. I like to see people use the things that I make for them. I made a sweater for my youngest son several years ago and he can still wear it. Although it is a tad short in the arms now. It took me a long time to make so I'm not sure I wish to make another one. Especially since he is much bigger now!

I made my mother a granny square afghan for Christmas. She liked it. I also made her the bag that was in the post before this one. I didn't get to see her open it so not sure if she liked it or not. Sure hope so. I was excited about it. I am going to go purchase some handles and make myself one from the same pattern. Not sure what type of fabric I will use but it will be extremely girly!

I would like to find a v neck vest for baby boys and make a few of them. There are so many great patterns for baby girls but I haven't found many for baby boys. They have to be out there some place. I will just keep searching until I find the one that I like. I have found several vest patterns but they just don't do it for me. They look too bulky. I like a dresser vest, the search is on! If anyone has one that you would be willing to share with me, that would be great.

I bought my sister a knitting guide and needles for Christmas. Maybe I will have enough people to have a knitting party one of these days. What a lovely thought. Wish my girls took an interest in knitting or crocheting. Maybe when they get a bit older?? I can hope and dream.

I forgot to get a photo of the afghan that I made for my mother. I sent her an email asking for a pic of it. Once she sends it to me, I will add it to this blog.
Guess I'm off to search the internet for patterns. Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment